SLIP & FALLS
Florida and New York Slip-And-Fall Accidents
It may be funny when someone slips and falls in a scene in a movie or TV show. They usually get right up, but a slip-and-fall accident in real life may cause the victim to suffer a serious head or brain injury or may, in some instances, cause the person to die. The compassionate personal injury attorneys at The Carrion Firm, PLLC, take slip-and-fall accidents and the injuries they cause very seriously. We use our skills and resources to aggressively pursue premises liability claims against the owners, management and maintenance companies and others responsible for allowing conditions to exist that caused our client to suffer an injury in a slip-and-fall or a trip-and-fall accident.
Negligence and slip-and-fall accidents
You may be tempted to attribute a slip, trip or stumble that causes you to lose your balance and fall to the floor or ground to your own clumsiness, but there may be more to it. A hazardous condition caused by the negligent, careless or reckless conduct of another party may be the actual cause of your slip-and-fall accident.
Some of the conditions at stores, office buildings, a neighbor’s home or other type of property where you happen to be that may cause you to fall and be seriously injured include:
- Water or other liquids that accumulate on floor surfaces.
- Frayed, torn or worn carpets and rugs.
- Area rugs without nonslip backing or pads.
- Debris that accumulates on floors and other surfaces where people walk.
- Broken or uneven curbs, paved surfaces and sidewalks.
- Uneven steps on staircases.
- Missing or broken handrails.
Tenants, building owners and property management companies in New York may be liable for injuries caused by someone slipping and falling on snow or ice that accumulates on sidewalks and parking lots.
Slip-and-fall accidents cause serious injuries
Unlike in the movies or on TV, victims of slip-and-fall accidents frequently end up in a hospital for treatment. Falls may result in the following:
- Fractured bones
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Concussions and traumatic brain injury
- Damage to the spine
- Nerve damage
- Bruising and contusions
- Muscle and tendon sprains and strains
- Shoulder, hip and knee dislocation
Depending upon the impact with which a person hits the ground or floor, a slip-and-fall accident could result in the death of the victim.
Recovering from the injuries suffered in a fall can be a long, arduous and expensive process. Our personal injury lawyers want you to focus on getting the rest and care that you need to battle back from your injuries while we aggressively fight for the compensation you deserve. Slip-and-fall compensation may include:
- The cost of medical care, including rehabilitative services and physical therapy.
- Wages and earnings lost from being unable to work while recovering.
- Lost or diminished future earnings due partial or full disability.
- Pain and suffering endured by you because of the injuries.
Contact a New York and Florida law firm today
The Carrion Firm, PLLC, has the dedicated and compassionate slip-and-fall accident attorneys capable of relentlessly pursuing your claim for compensation. We refuse to allow negligent property owners, maintenance companies, tenants and anyone else responsible for causing you to be injured to avoid compensating you for the damages they caused. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.