New York and Florida Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicycles offer an inexpensive alternative for getting around town, but it takes only a moment for a collision to leave a rider with devastating and life-altering injuries. If you or a family member have been seriously injured in a bicycle accident, you may be wondering how the bills for medical treatment, lost wages and other expenses will be paid. The personal injury attorneys at The Carrion Firm, PLLC, have experience recovering compensation for the victims of bicycle accidents in New York and Florida. Our commitment to providing unsurpassed legal services to the victims of bike accidents allows you to focus on recovering from your injuries while we aggressively pursue your claim for damages.
Holding negligent motorists accountable
Riding a bicycle along streets and designated bike lanes puts you dangerously close to motor vehicles operated by drivers engaging in behaviors that place you at risk of being seriously injured. Some of the common causes of bicycle accidents include the following:
- Distracted or inattentive drivers and cyclists: Anything that diverts the attention of a driver may cause an accident. Texting or talking on a cellphone, checking a navigation app or built-in system, or engaging in other behavior that diverts attention from the road may cause a collision.
- Failure to yield the right of way: Drivers approaching intersections need to be mindful of other vehicles, including bicyclists, and should yield the right of way when necessary to avoid an accident.
- Drivers encroaching on lanes occupied by bicyclists: Bicycle riders have the same rights as operators of other vehicles, including the right to occupy their lane of travel. Drivers who crowd designated bicycle lanes or get too close when passing bicyclists cause accidents.
A motorist whose negligent, reckless or careless behavior causes an accident may be held responsible for injuries suffered by a bicycle rider.
Making an at-fault party pay your claim for damages
The disparity in size between a bicycle and other types of vehicles puts a bike rider at a serious disadvantage in the event of a collision. Broken bones, concussions, traumatic brain injury and lacerations are only a few of the types of serious injuries a bicycle rider may suffer in a collision with a motor vehicle. Depending upon the circumstances of a crash and the injuries it causes, the death of a bicycle rider occurs all too frequently.
When you or a family member become the victim of a bicycle accident, an aggressive and hard-hitting personal injury attorney from our firm serves as your staunch advocate to take on the claims adjusters and defense lawyers standing between you and the compensation you deserve. We aggressively pursue your claim to obtain a settlement or verdict after trial to cover your damages, including:
- Costs of medical care and treatment
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy expenses
- Lost wages
- Long-term disability care
- Diminished future wages due to disability
- Pain and suffering
Our focus remains on your wellbeing and relieving you of the financial hardship caused by a bicycle accident.
Contact a bicycle accident attorney today
The Carrion Firm, PLLC, has built its reputation on its willingness to fight on behalf of our clients injured due to the fault of others. Let us show you how we can make a difference for you by contacting our bicycle accident attorney today for a free consultation.